Policy and Issues » Technical & Packaging
Technical & Packaging
WFA provides technical support and advice to winemakers through two strategic committees and ongoing advocacy with Federal Government agencies.
The Wine Industry Technical Advisory Committee provides technical input on wine production to Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) and international forums, assesses technical requirements of trading partners, and provides advice to WFA on liberalising these requirements.
The Packaging Committee provides a forum for direct discussion among stakeholders and responds to political, technological, environmental, regulatory and market driven changes in wine, wine product and brandy packaging. Current priorities include working with international partners to harmonise global requirements around packaging and labelling requirements.
WFA also represents Australian winemakers on the International Organisation of Vine and Wine (OIV), which deals with technical and scientific aspects of viticulture and winemaking, and on the Codex Alimentarius Commission, which develops harmonised international food standards, guidelines and codes of practice to protect consumer health and ensure fair practices in the food trade.
- Code of Good Manufacturing Practice for the Australian Wine Industry (PDF)
- WFA Wine Packaging Guidelines (PDF)
- Australian Packaging Covenant (website)
- Wine Industry Display of Awards Code of Practice (PDF)
- October 2012: Senate Inquiry into Container Deposit Scheme (PDF)
- March 2012: COAG Standing Council on Environment and Water: Packaging Impacts Consultation Regulation Impact Statement (PDF)